Thread: Power
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Kerubiel,

I would mostly disagree. Control of self is good.....control over others not so good. Control over others is not really power it is more accurately described as force. A dictator rules by force rather than power. "Omnia vincit amor"......love conquers all....the power of love.......the power of prayer....the power of faith to move mountains..etc. This is real power....it serves the good of many. Force is used to serve the self. When you say you have control over others you are implying that you have taken away a measure of their freedom.

I agree, people must be allowed to be themselves for the most part. I practice this often, however, in my youth, learned great control over others. For years I did this every day. It was my way of life. I learned along the way to let people be themselves without interference. The way I would want to be treated if i were controlled.

These days I rarely use control over others to get my own way, however if I see something wrong done by someone I still try to correct it. For example a man beating his wife could be helped by a few commands to the male to work out his problems. That type of control is not negative in my view but is helpful. If it were me who was sick i would want the help.