View Single Post
Old 24-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Experiencer

I met and fell in love with someone online long ago before social media was really a thing. He's someone I believe I was meant to come across in this lifetime, but not a TF...a soul connection of some sort though. Anyway, I caution you to be careful. Someone's online personality, or even talking on the phone, isn't who that person really is. The man I was with had many, many issues. It was just not a good relationship in the end. Looking back, I was seeking companionship and didn't know the love I deserved was better than that. He was seeking a way to live a life he couldn't have. He was essentially living a lie and taking me along for the ride. We did love each other, but in a very unhealthy way. Anyway, he sound a lot like the guy you're talking to.

It took me falling in love with and marrying someone else before he realized we needed to live our lives apart, at least for a while. I contacted him after about 5 years through email, which he didn't see for another 5 years. Even after 10 years apart, when we talked, it was...hard.

So, the point is, be careful. Even if it's a soul connection, it doesn't mean it's a relationship in the making. Sometimes, the lessons are harder than that. Sometimes, those types of people are there only to show us what we shouldn't want or have. That we deserve more.

Good luck. However it goes, I hope you come out of it stronger and better for it.