Thread: The garden
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Further reflections.

At times what may be considered a weed may spring up in the garden.

Was told once that a weed is simply that which is unwanted.

... But, some may prefer a more wild/natural look. May discover what was once thought to be a weed, offers wonderful flowers and added scent. A seed blown in by the wind. At first unknown, unrecognized. Left to grow, perhaps out of curiosity found to be a great addition to garden.

What was thought a weed/unwanted becomes a welcomed guest. Helping to attract other visitors to the garden. Thus, the perspective of the garden expands.

So, the garden reflects and shows how I may open my mind and realize not all which may be thought unwanted holds a threat. Not all block out the light. Not all take away from another.

Sometime the unexpected/unknown can hold a gift that adds to the garden and opens the mind and senses to a new experience.

At times may need to clear away the clutter and open space for that which is desired to grow to prosper. While at other times may leave space for that which may blow in and give it time to reveal the gift it may hold and what it may attract.

Welcome insights and thoughts as always.
Reminded me of a person who had 'contract'ed AIDS thought and felt that the ex-peer-ience had been a MAJOR 'blessing' - which had 'opened' him to truly appreciating and loving what LIFE was really about, which 'opening' he thought and felt might possible not have occurred otherwise!

Not that I (therefore) don't support efforts to 'weed' 'out' such dis-ease factor, mind you!

Paul's comment: "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing 'unclean' of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." also came to mind in this regard.

Last edited by davidsun : 28-05-2018 at 07:59 PM.