View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 05:23 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
'Understanding' => 'appreciation' (of similarities or 'reasons' for something or someone being the way it of he or she is) => 'loving' said thing or person as a 'wonder-full' aspect of Life.

'Liking' and 'disliking' are matters of personal preference deriving from whether and how one thinks, feels and believes said something or someone as enhancing or amplifying or degrading and diminishing one's and/or others experiences of Life.

The two, 'liking' and 'loving' are non-identically but each in its own way (potentially) functional ways of 'living'.

One can 'like' and 'dislike' without 'angst' just as one can 'love' without 'angst'.

'Angst' is the 'devil' here.

I enjoyed your information filled rebuttal to naturewalker24's incisive attempt at bridging this arbitrary idea that we should like or dislike people. That being said, I will elaborate even further on your explanation by exploring my local dictionary.

Like- Its an adjective, corresponding or agreeing in general or some noticeable respect.

Devil- according to wikipedia, The Devil is the personification and archetype of evil in various cultures.