View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 04:46 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Bart, hello there!
Agreed that this life and further simply this moment here and now presents and offers many challenges and opportunities...truly a wonder. I also think that the lessons learnt at this scale of offer insight into the same eternal truths to be found anywhere. Authentic love...lovingkindness, equanimity...these lessons may be in some ways more challenging when learnt here, but they are universal experiences -- no matter the flavour or situation in which you've experienced them.

Do you think most look to the high places (so to speak)? I think many engage in very little reflection of any kind, including self-reflection or any consideration of who they are at core. Or even of truth, beauty, and goodness of what is. Even when it is literally right in front of them, in them, and all around them. Though I do feel the foundational movement toward transparency (greater awareness) and empathy is in progress...and I do see that children today are more aware and IMO more spiritually attuned to what is, which is a beautiful thing.

Peace & blessings
7L

Just a thought regarding your last paragraph. Yes I really do think most folks do turn their gaze high. I contend that since the first homowhatever looked up at the night sky the allure of the unknown became fixed in our group psyche. Or something like that. I also believe that we have innate knowledge of our spiritual natures. If not why all the interest in things spiritual at all? Why do there always seem to be temples and magicians and shamans in ancient lore? If we tended to find truth in places even with our gaze none of these other things would have held so much interest for so long.

Read the forum comments and find that so many speak of their guides as though they were extraordinary beings from far away. My reality is that, yes, most of us do have one guide, sometimes two, but these are human souls just like us except that they are a little more advanced than we are. In this I see many reaching to high places where the element of mystery better captures the imagination.

On a side note it is common for folks to practice spirituality in terms of their personalities. This practice makes detachment and thus high contact much harder to achieve. So the tie in is this.... To really have a solid spiritual connection one must look at least higher than the Earthly self.

Since beginning to channel Bartholomew some years ago I have come to realize that advanced souls are still people just like the rest of us. So I speak in plainer terms avoiding titles when possible and so on. Bartholomew? Who is he? He never told me. If I were to assume I might try to claim he was the Bartholomew of the twelve apostles. I don't because I don't know that. Is he my own soul? Maybe. When connected it sure feels familiar. To be successful as a channel though a little discipline is needed so I try not to carry on too much about the matter. I'll find out for sure in a couple of years when it's my turn to return to spirit.

James/Bart