View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Yes. And most of us are inclined to look to the high places with searching gaze when everything we need is right in front of us. The spiritual components of our planet are planned and built just for us.

Nice exchange.... James/Bart
Bart, hello there!
Agreed that this life and further simply this moment here and now presents and offers many challenges and opportunities...truly a wonder. I also think that the lessons learnt at this scale of offer insight into the same eternal truths to be found anywhere. Authentic love...lovingkindness, equanimity...these lessons may be in some ways more challenging when learnt here, but they are universal experiences -- no matter the flavour or situation in which you've experienced them.

Do you think most look to the high places (so to speak)? I think many engage in very little reflection of any kind, including self-reflection or any consideration of who they are at core. Or even of truth, beauty, and goodness of what is. Even when it is literally right in front of them, in them, and all around them. Though I do feel the foundational movement toward transparency (greater awareness) and empathy is in progress...and I do see that children today are more aware and IMO more spiritually attuned to what is, which is a beautiful thing.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke