View Single Post
Old 21-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flux
Dear all, I've read several times about 'people facing their demons'. I never really grasped the meaning of that, but now it seems to become clear. I want to describe a dream I just had, but most of all, I wanted to ask you what 'facing your demons' meant to you, how you did it, and whether you had a certain strategy for it.

In my dream, if felt like I was building up towards facing my demons. It had a lot of silly plot lines that I think are not that interesting, and the first demon that appeared was in some kind of game I was playing. The demon was able to fly, and all it did was ask silly questions, but there was somehow a very dark presence or motivation behind those questions. I felt like it was capable of the worst, it had no inner drive to do good things (it was like it did not see any reason for goodness). I was really disgusted by it, and afraid, but at the same time, I realized that this demon was somehow a part of me.

When I just out-right rejected the existence of this demon (did not wish to deal with it), the dream changed and I dreamt about some kind of border patrol check (this seems to have a clear interpretation as 'checking what may come in or out'). This border patrol was supposed to check a party that included the 'president' (I vaguely imagined Trump), and also some people in his following. When thinking of his following, I imagined several (about 8) demons, who I 'saw' as deeply black and very ugly beings. They also felt to me as being really powerful. Again I realized that they represented parts of me, and I did not want to deal with them because I imagined that this interaction would be a hellish ordeal.

Already in the dream, I recognized that facing these demons is necessary. It feels like they are parts of me that need to be cleaned up. It's like we're living in the same house, and we're associating but I'm keeping it a big secret, and when I come accross them, I just avoid them in any way possible. At the same time, they *are* a part of me, and this is just unacceptable to me, I don't want anything like them to be a part of me. I see them as stains that need to be removed. I also know that they can be battled by facing them openly, daring to look at them (this is what people have described before as what it means to face your demons, I think I get it now, and I understand why it's a big deal).

I think you have come to a good conclusion about demons being a part of us. However the way that I deal with them is very different than most people. I choose to see these aspects of self as a child wanting attention. I do not see them as blemished or a stain as you describe. I see them instead as ignorant, uninformed, and in need of nurturing. The term 'embrace the darkness' comes to mind. For that is intuitively what I sense they require.

Quote:
You could try to remove the stain without facing it, but I have the impression that this would be much harder, because you can easily trick yourself into believing that the stain is not that bad (and so you avoid all the work and sabotage your own efforts). The dream is a special occasion where I relax my daily censor/filter and have a change to see that the demons are there in the first place.

But now the really important question: how do you face your demon? Do you try to mentally protect yourself by imagining some kind of shield, do you invoke love in some way, do you try to maintain some degree of separation from the demon while you look at it, or do you look at it without any effort to protect yourself? What happened when you did? I would prefer answers coming from personal experience (I don't really believe in theoretical answers at this point), but any input is welcome.

I have a very real experience with a specific demon, my self pity aspect of self. That encoubter is part of a long story however I suspect you can relate to it.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/foru...php?topic=10.0

This is the part which would be of interest to you.
Quote:
As life goes on, it is now February 1998, there is a time line for things to happen. To have the experience of a human, the conscious self is never informed about upcoming events. But events are scheduled. You may not be as ready as you need to be and Divine intervention may be needed. Even here spirit needs your approval.

I had a dream one night I was in a park I wanted to leave. Both exits were blocked so I jumped over a fence. I was asked to give someone the bottle I had or I would have to stay in the park. So I gave up the bottle willingly. I had a drinking problem in the seventies. I understood later about the symbolism for this experience.

The next night/morning I arrived at my scheduled meeting with Marion's subconscious and was met with extreme resentment. My reaction was that this is different. My understanding was this is the conscious Marion person. I was completely on the defensive. She kept asking "what is your plan". I was completely overwhelmed. Later I would realise that the "I am an innocent bystander like yourself in all of this" part of me never came out. However I did manage to say that we are in a relationship. I said before earth was a cloud of dust and long after it will be a cloud of dust again, we will still be in a relationship. For whatever reason, this calmed her down. I was able to say, "We need to talk". She agreed I could come and talk with her again. We set a time and after one delay had a more pleasant discussion. That delay is a small story in itself.

On my way home from this discussion I met a dark energy. I tried to go around it, first on the left and then on the right. It stepped in front of me both times. I stepped back to get a better look at it. It just stood in front of me. I realised it meant me no harm, it just wanted to come with me. So I said ok and it followed me home.

It was a fasinating experience for me. I have had dreams were I felt an encountered entity did want to harm me and that is always frightening. This experience was not a dream but one of my meditative visualizations. I have good sensing skills. I am able to detect the intent if those I encounter.

Any way that is an experience I will not forget. I hope sharing it wityh you will be useful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/