View Single Post
Old 16-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I believe it is too. Understanding ourselves is key to happiness and growth. I appreciate modern trauma pioneers like Kolk, Richard Schwartz, Gabor Mate, Peter Levine, Pete Walker.. as well as pioneers in child advocacy like Alice Miller and Alfie Kohn (these are just ones I know of). I can't even imagine what my life would be like without people like this. I think as these ideas continue to evolve and spread to the public it will benefit everyone greatly including the spiritually-minded.

Sorry, I feel really "maxed out" this week.

My healing journey had been different from yours. I did not think that I needed psychological healing, because my concept of trauma and such was distorted by general public's understanding of trauma. Did you always know you were traumatized or that you needed psychological help, or did you figure out somewhere along the way?

Because I discovered it, by accident, I learned things like self-awareness, self-discovery, self-empowerment, etc., along the way. I also discovered my spiritual powers along the way.