Thread: Old dream
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Old dream

This is a dream I had many years ago, so perhaps it's ridden with false memory. I'd love to hear different interpretations of this, but recently, I've been researching paganism and thinking about deities... and it then went to me recalling the dreams I've had that significantly affected me, hoping that I'd find something there.

I distinctly remember dreaming that I was sleeping in the bedroom I had at the time. I was definitely a pre-teen at the time (I lived in that home between ages 10-12) so this was very strange dream. In the dream, I was sleeping alone on one side of the bed, just waiting... when the grim reaper showed up. He woke me up (in the dream) but I didn't feel fear at all. I greeted him as a wife would to a husband, and wanted him to get into bed. I felt protected and loved, but he wouldn't physically touch me, despite the fact that it was pretty clear he wanted. This wasn't an erotic dream but... it felt like I was in a romantic relationship.

I cannot recall how the dream progressed but I jolted awake in the early hours of the morning (around 3) and had a bit of trouble getting back to sleep because all I could see when I closed my eyes were coffins. All that was very unsettling to me.

The next morning, I heard that one of my peers' dad had passed away in the early hours of the morning. He had a motor vehicle accident around 3am. Not that it really mattered but he was a pilot, so he wasn't always home... but on this occasion, he was travelling back home.

At that age, I was curious about deja vu and psychics. I think I was fairly intuitive as a child because a lot of my dreams would come to fruition, and I'd meet people I've never met or be at a place I've never been until a future date. Headaches were frequent for me then and it was debilitating at times. This dream? I left it at coincidence. It did make me feel less fearful about death though.

Edit: Oopsie Daisy. I swear I was on the 'Dreams' forum, but I suppose I accidentally clicked the wrong one... but it happens to be related to death too.