View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 03:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
cuz its difficult to not look like your peers and be deemed pretty if its like a facial thing or you are dealing with missing parts of your body? or it just sucks to have any deformity in general? am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Viewed solely as a question of making life more challenging or difficult, sure it sucks. Who wants to be the ugly duckling or the one that seems weird?

But as someone else mentioned, some who have these challenges not only manage with them, but excel in life. Their difficulty not only doesn't stop them, it makes them stronger. If you believe in "fate" or "destiny" or "life plans" perhaps that was the lesson spirit wanted to learn - how to persevere and power through and overcome.

It is also possible that a child with defects/challenges is born to force their family to learn lessons about patience, strength, and love. Or to teach others, even strangers, to look beyond the surface of a person.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those who are born with the cards stacked against them. But I always temper that with wondering what the lessons are, and who the lessons are for.