View Single Post
Old 25-03-2011, 01:54 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I checked into the history of the land, did a whole research yet the only thing i can conclude is the eskimo woman was really into her culture and knew how to harness curses. That's what everyone else thought to. They never checked into the bones, just as they didn't check into chuck's murder. It's a very small town.

The history of Black Creek, well it's pretty close to forbidden plateau, that is the mountain where the k'omoks coast salish natives would use as their sacred burial grounds. A river runs through Forbidden (has it's name for good reason) many people die of freak accidents around there, over 30 drownings a year, lots of suicides, deaths, accidents, the natives of the area believe it is because people are trespassing on sacred ground. People who respect the place don't have a problem. Bad things happen when people disturb burial sites and sacred grounds.

Black Creek is pretty far from that mountain, in fact our farm was underneath Mount Washington, but it is said natives lived around this area, and would come out here to die.
On our farm, there was a very sacred forest i referred to as "my woods" where i met the raven man - those woods were sacred grounds.
The longest history reports back, is a giant forest fire, which covered most of the island, when white men first came to the land and began logging and clearing off the forests. They came from around campbell river harbour. Black creek is between campbell and the comox valley. They made a long dirt road through black creek. Set trees on fire, thought they could control it, but it wiped out the first growth trees. On my property you can still see burnt trees that survived.

actually my old property, my parent's sold the farm last year. we are town folks now, live half an hour away from there :)

Wow sounds like the land has some deep scars...sad