View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 06:56 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
IWe know from history that when tradition denies and smears individual choice as invalid, mad, or criminal that it can lead to persecution. In fact religious traditions have gone in for that quite a lot. Best tackle those that smear you for your choice as early as you can and assert your right to freely consider and choose what solution to the spiritual search suits you .

Quite the histrionics, Iam(x).

This is a discussion board and in the non-duality forum, it is more than legitimate to discuss ideas and traditions, schools and teachings. The fact that you don't like what you hear, is not the same as being persecuted or smeared, killed or jailed.

Also, to make it clear, when someone criticizes or challenges or points out potential flaws or errors in a certain path or school, this is not defamatory or wrong - even if you like to see it that way. For example, if I say that I'm not a huge fan of cults, and I believe that some of their teachings are incorrect or misleading or even harmful, it's actually OK.

For example, say a group believed in the FuddleDuddyPooMeister who lives in the Grand Canyon and believe they are United in Spirit with the FDPM every day. Well, I might question that. I might ask questions, point out some issues.

i.e. not every criticism or judgement or exercising of discernment is persecution.

I believe personally it's a misguided intellectual argument that tries to head off criticism, or maybe this is the way you make sense of it all. But perhaps similar to the #fakenews phenomenon we see today, well - i.e. not every piece of news is fake just because the recipient or reader doesn't agree with, or like it.

Look, I know you're upset and angry and this is a belief system you hold dearly, therefore you're very touched by all this. But look man, just keep it real and at the end of the day, just find a way to be happy - that's a long way to the spiritual road ahead.

BT