View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
We know from history that when tradition denies and smears individual choice as invalid, mad, or criminal that it can lead to persecution. In fact religious traditions have gone in for that quite a lot. Best tackle those that smear you for your choice as early as you can and assert your right to freely consider and choose what solution to the spiritual search suits you .

I haven't had much time to enjoy this discussion the last few days but a quick skim leads me to see you've added to the collection*

*I do understand why so called "NA" tries to frame the context as - either: it's because TA is jealous of us! - or it's West v East - or it just depends on your personality to the probably most honest answer I have seen in my viewpoint: NA suits people who are tired of being told they are not good enough and want self assurance that they have, without any work on their part, "arrived") - and most recently, anger at the tried and tested way - the wish to dethrone (lol renegade!) + NA is a rebellion against the "totalitarian" regime of Advaita-Vedanta (whoah that's a new one!) + we need to defend ourselves against the mad persecution of Advaita-Vedanta and other dangerous traditionalists.

BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
*Links underlined*

There is a lot to parse in this - many psychological tricks embedded in this - which is perhaps not surprising (unfortunately): .. but for the record, I think you are again trying to subvert discussion by using smoke and mirrors - casting it as an issue of competition or disposition - when it is not - it is a misappropriation in its essence (see below)

*I do understand why so called "NA" tries to frame the context as - either: it's because TA is jealous of us! - or it's West v East - or it just depends on your personality to the probably most honest answer I have seen in my viewpoint: NA suits people who are tired of being told they are not good enough and want self assurance that they have, without any work on their part, "arrived")

Because that gives them, like e.g. a Church of Scientology, an assumption of legitimacy and equivalence. There is no equivalence, however in my opinion (rationale below), and why it should be seen at best as a dabbling exercise. Furthermore, its utility is diminished not only through its stature as a relative imposter, in my opinion, but in the rare admission that its followers have fundamentally not found true joy, compassion or Gnosis evident in so many other traditions. This is only to be expected in such a course.

Here's a prior post of mine which encapsulates how I see this topic (below). I hope you find it useful to understand my perspective (and hopefully this time you will not try to again incite the Board and forum participants to try to cast me as an abuser - quite a dishonest and unkind tactic IMO - in your desperate attempts to shut down discussion and review.

Be well

BT