View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
These days I am thinking a lot that peace and justice cannot be achieved at the same time. To get peace, you are likely leaving justice aside, and vice-versa...

As an example... I lent money to a very beloved friend with the promise on his part that he would give it back to me in installments. In the meantime he became strongly offended with me because of a silly misunderstanding, and cut off our relationship at all. He also stopped paying me the debt.

What would a highly developed being do, claim the payment to honor justice or let it go to avoid a new conflict and therefore to honor peace?

What do you think it should be done?

Tiss
It would come down to what peace and justice mean to you personally; do you only have peace when your outside world isn't at odds with you, is justice about righting the wrongs? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?b Your friend became very strongly offended over something silly and that's a choice he made, but is it showing you that this is how much of a friend he really is? Is it all just an excuse to renege on his promise?

What is 'highly developed' is up to you, but are you talking about Unconditional Love, forgiveness, empathy, sympathy? Your friend my have fallen on really hard times and can't come to the terms that he may not have the means to repay you, and perhaps is trying to deal with not being able to fulfill his promise. The 'highly developed' thing to do might be to "forgive those that trespass against us" or whatever your version of the Lord's Prayer is, but then does that conflict with what you feel?

The bottom line is that you have to Live with what's under your skin, a 'highly developed being' would learn the lessons so what lessons are there for you? However you move on from here, that's who and what you are.