I come from the perspective of being a metaphysical teacher and spiritual medium of many years, and also a lay nutritionist.
Corporeal existence is inherently painful, unstable, and dangerous. Generally speaking, punishment and reward are not to be found in our bodies but after we return to the Primary Reality of Spirit; when we expand our consciousness (to the extent of our spiritual evolution) with the non-living Light of God.
So don't feel that you are being punished. Living a spiritual life in a body is considered by The Light to be heroic - which you will feel when you return to the Other Side.
I have experience in the vitamin industry, the education given thereof (online courses), and abundant personal experience. I am going to give you some very specific information.
Cardiac and muscular disorders are largely treated (and also prevented) with the right supplements, as well as a healthy diet. Horrendous diseases are often caused from a massive vitamin deficiency with possible genetic causes as well. Granted, we cannot offset the Second Law of Thermodynamics, that of entropy (i.e., that the energy of the universe is ultimately geared to run down) but we can definitely delay our physical decline a great deal.
First off, seek professional help. DO NOT go to a Doctor of Integrative Medicine. Instead, go to a Naturopathic Doctor
who will actually prescribe
the right supplements following an examination. He or she will confirm much of what I am espousing.
GMO stands for genetically modified organism. Only consume Non-GMO and Organic foods; if it doesn't have an Organic or Non-GMO label: avoid it completely.
We are constantly being poisoned by GMO foods that contain cancer-causing chemicals and weird genetic manipulations. Monsanto produces GMO corn commonly found in supermarkets that has been found to cause rampant tumors in mice.
Read labels meticulously
. If you find ingredients like monosodium glutamate (MSG), sodium benzoate, and other harmful preservatives, do not consume that product. At one of the healthfood stores I worked at, the father of the assistant manger had died of cancer. Before he passed, he had a big tumor in his neck. When they analyzed what was in the tumor they found that it contained sodium benzoate.
So here's my hypothesis:
When the body cannot rid itself of harmful chemicals and preservatives, it builds a storage container called a tumor.
Avoid beer and hard liquor but feel free to indulge in red wine (not white) in moderation. It has been found that red wine contains polyphenols
that are good for the heart and increase longevity. I like to indulge in a good Sangria - like the kind they sell inexpensively at Whole Foods Market.
As to supplements, I suggest looking into the following:
(Google Vitacost and also Swanson Vitamins for discount prices.)
1. Upscale/Molecularly Distilled Fish Oil. Essential for heart, brain, eye, joint, muscle, and neurological health, and also a strong anti-inflammatory.
DO NOT use the brand called Nature Made, as it is low quality. Instead, go with brands like Life Extension, Nordic Naturals, and Carlton. Avoid Krill Oil; it is overrated and not as effective as upscale fish oil. Whenever you look at a fish oil product, always check to see if the label has a breakdown of the EPA and the DHA. If it does not, it is an inferior fish oil product! Recent studies point to all heart problems stemming from inflammation. EPA is your heart vitamin, as it serves as a strong anti-inflammatory for all your muscles, joints, etc. It also promotes skin health. DHA is for your brain, eyes, and neurological health.
Go with the suggested dosage on the label.
2. Vitamin D3 Mini Gels (never tablets). Inexpensive. Vitamin D3 (better than regular Vitamin D) significantly reduces the risk of getting influenza and boosts the immune system. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and calcium for the heart, bones and muscles in the body. Additionally, it is a natural anti-depressant and reduces the risk of cancer (e.g., lung cancer). It enables calcium to be absorbed correctly and efficiently. Go with between 2,000 and 5,000 I.U. a day.
3. Ubiquinol Co-Enzyme Q-10. It boosts the immune system and is excellent for heart and gum health. Just one a day. Ubiquinol is the most effective form of Co-Q10 and it costs more. Start with a low dosage, e.g., 100 mgs.
4. Magnesium in vegetarian capsules. Inexpensive. Also important for heart health and it reduces stress and inflammation. Also works wonders when one has a muscle cramp - like getting rid of it immediately. It works in conjunction with calcium for heart health, muscle health, with myriad other functions in the body. Go with the suggested dosage on the label.
Super Calcium. Inexpensive. For the teeth, bones, and heart (the body uses calcium to regulate the heartbeat). A natural stress reducer that works in conjunction with magnesium for heart health, muscle health, with myriad other functions in the body. Go with the suggested dosage on the label.
Many ailments attributed to aging are prevented from a daily intake of Calcium, D3, Fish Oil, Mangosteen and Magnesium!
Antioxidant Superfood. Inexpensive. The main ingredient is Mangosteen. This is the best Mangosteen supplement in pill form that I have found. Solaray has their own version but it is less potent. Avoid caffeine as it lessens the effectiveness of Mangosteen. Avoid taking more than one at a time and not more than three a day - which is in accordance with the suggested dosage on the label.
Mangosteen is called the Queen of Fruits because of its immense nutritional properties. Mangosteen has 200 plus benefits and one chiropractic physician espouses that it strengthens every organ in the body. For example, it serves to balance blood pressure, balance blood sugar, prevent periodontal disease, prevent cancer, is a strong antioxidant, is a strong anti-inflammatory, naturally and safely raises libido (testosterone) levels (anti-aging), and is also anti-fatigue and anti-obesity. I have also noticed that it shortens recovery time between work outs - a confirmation from a recent article in a muscle building magazine which cited a recent study about that finding. But perhaps the most important benefit is that it is a natural mood enhancer. Never take more than one capsule at a time and limit your intake to three a day, keeping in mind that it has a cumulative effect on one's body and emotions.
Here I quote the conclusions about Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) that were conducted by the National Institutes of Health (NIH):
"This fruit is an abundant source of xanthones...and is largely responsible for its biological activities including anti-cancer activity. Herein we describe the anti-cancer activity and mechanisms of mangosteen...against breast cancer and prostate cancer....Further work is required to understand its potential for health promotion and potential drug discovery for prostate and breast cancer chemoprevention."
"The anticarcinogenic properties of garcinol appear to be moderated via its antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, antiangiogenic, and proapoptotic activities. In addition, garcinol displays effective epigenetic influence by inhibiting histone acetyltransferases (HAT 300) and by possible posttranscriptional modulation by mi RNA profiles involved in carcinogenesis. In vitro as well as some in vivo studies have shown the potential of this compound against several cancers types including breast, colon, pancreatic, and leukemia. Although this is a promising molecule in terms of its anticancer properties, investigations in relevant animal models, and subsequent human trials are warranted in order to fully appreciate and confirm its chemopreventative and/or therapeutic potential."
7. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (capsules - not cooking oil). According to a study cited in Life Extension Magazine, coconut oil not only improves cognitive function but it is also being used to treat mild forms of Alzheimer's Disease - which they now also refer to as Type 3 Diabetes due to the sugar component. Coconut oil is also an anti-inflammatory, serves to improve digestive as well as cardiovascular health, and is naturally slimming.
8. Moringa Leaf Powder. One of the most potent multivitamins in existence. The World Health Organization (WHO) has gone to impoverished villages and planted Moringa trees so that the native population could harvest the leaves and boost their immune systems and overall nutritional levels. When working at The Vitamin Shoppe I also learned that it also treats Lyme Disease. Always go with the Organic version.
Don't forget to see a Naturopathic Doctor
If you live in the Washington, DC area I can recommend one.