View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Experiencer

From a nutrition standpoint, all raw isn't really going to be as healthy as including some cooked foods. I'll give you some examples.

Some foods contain lectins which are healthy in small amounts, but unhealthy in large/massive amounts. Foods containing large amounts of lectins would be tomatoes, peppers, nuts, grains and beans/legumes/seeds. Too much lectins actually promote leaky gut syndrome but one way to eliminate the danger is cooking, i.e. tomato sauce, stir fried peppers and with beans the added importance of soaking for 24 hours, draining and then a good boil initially to finish off the remaining lectins.

The same line of reasoning too with nuts, seeds and grains. High levels of lectins that are diminished by cooking. Mind you, a little handful of dry nuts isn't going to kill you. The one good thing about a limited amount of lectins and potentially specific kinds is that they also stimulate the immune system and have antimicrobial properties and may help fight cancer.

Another reason why some foods shouldn't be eaten raw, things like potatoes and peppers are members of the nightshade family (poison), but again, cooking reduces that harm (or so I've read).

Hard veggies like carrots are difficult for you to digest because they are so hard but cooking makes the nutrients more bioavailable.

Personally, I think that a mix of food productions is potentially healthier in the long run and keeping in mind some of the things I mentioned above.