View Single Post
Old 31-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Master
Fish Day 6 The Super-sensory Joy of the Self

Today on Day 6 of the 2017 40 Day Observance Sri Vasudeva came to my favourite subject, ANANDA - that bliss or ecstasy that is the grace of God and the whole point of working so hard to become self-realized.

I cannot describe this experience as well as it is described in this piece of scripture:
Quote:
25. Manah prat-yak-citte
savidha-mava-dhāyātta-marutah,
Prahrsyad-romānah
pramada-salilot-sangita-drshah;

Yadā-lokyāh-lādam
hrada iva nimaj-jyā-mrtamaye,
Dadhatyantas-tattvam
kimapi yaminas-tat kila bhavān.

You are indeed that unspeakable truth which yogīs realize through meditating on the Self and controlling the breath according to the directions laid down in the scriptures. Realizing this truth, they experience thrills of ecstasy and their eyes brim with tears of joy; swimming in a pool of nectar, they enjoy inner bliss.

Siva Mahimna Stotram v.25, trans. The Nectar of Chanting, SYDA Foundation
That's a high I could use right about now.
How does this experience compare to anything else? It does not. It is beyond comparison.
Quote:
"The truth is when the maya disappears we’ll realize that we already own everything, that we own the universe, that we do not need to acquire things. The maya holds us in the idea of acquisition of things, property acquisition. In our search for joy we get caught in the search for pleasure. Maya holds us in the pleasure journey whereas the Self, the experience of joy has nothing to do with sensory pleasure. Caught in the Maya we go after ordinary knowledge, we go after ordinary acquisition. We get caught in time. We become a slave to time. And we get caught in pleasure seeking all of which never fulfills us. Not the ordinary knowledge, not the pleasure of the senses, not the acquisition of material things – they never fulfill us."
Sri Vasudeva, 2017 Day 6
I rest my case.