View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
I'm just putting this out there in case someone on here knows something that I don't.
Is there a religion out there that combines the teachings of Jesus and buddha. As far as I know there isn't although there may be some very small sects/cults that do.
The reason I am asking is that I was born a Catholic but have practiced Buddhism for over 20 years and have come to view Jesus as the ultimate bodhisattva and I could see myself practising such a religion without any problems at all.
One cannot be a Christian and Buddhist at the same time. They are fundamentally different although superficially they may look the same.
They are not fundamentally the same and only superficially different.

One has to go the whole hog, we must jump the fence and not sit on the fence. I believe that sitting on the fence, wanting to be all things to all me, is one of the great failings of the New Age spirituality. We must die to the old way when we change to a different path. The interesting thing is that when we do that, die to the old, we can see what was good in the path we have left behind, so there is no resentment, no anger towards it.