View Single Post
Old 20-02-2017, 02:30 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Mystic Mark ,,So Cool Thankyou for sharing ,, Just recently saw that pic of Shakti and Shiva ,,and I was the only one in my group that new what it was , but not to te extent you described,,im back praying to source again and thats why i love these forums to evolve and express and change ,, ive made a beautiful relationship with the sun ,, and father God,,i have so much energy in me sometimes i feel like ill burst ,,so praying for calm,clarity and so much wish to serve the greater good and tap my true potential after a lifetime of unrest ,, i do think prayer is effective ,, i guess im just learning,,the thing is its me isnt it asking,commanding etc ,,the power of the word ,,its me and God working together ,, the power kundalini gives unto you is so Cool,,but taming and controlling that snake with everthing from sureender to discipline to creativity can be challenging,,but i love it, im in recov from cfs,, and dearly wish to regain full physical function again,,i did hatha yoga for 20yrs before i got unwell,,but it all seems to be part of making me stronger in the long run,,this is my 2nd kunda awakening,,, i didnt understand the first one at 28,, anyway really nice to meet you and Rock On Brother! So Yes Union!

Thanks Deepsoul

Yes, the Serpent symbolizes the human spine. The serpent lies on it's belly with it's spine in a horizontal direction, facing upwards towards the sky, which is the same as the understanding for Shakti. The original sin in The Bible was when the Serpent climbed up the tree with it's spine in a vertical direction. It had forgotten it's true nature ... lowliness and humbleness. So repent simply means to lower yourself, haughty one ... lick the dust!!! Remember your true nature.

Much credit to you!!! Rarely did I ever practice Yoga. It took me 30 years of searching for the truth, and when I discovered it, I discovered it in pieces. I discovered Shakti first. Then Namaskar next. But it wasn't until I discovered the relevance of the Sun and the Moon that my spiritual progress began to take off. Once I figured out the secret for breathing, I started to practice Yoga, and my progress took off like a rocket!!!

So first of all, you should be facing the direction of the Sun or Moon whenever you practice Yoga. Namaskar can be combined with some understandings in Yoga, but for most of the Asanas, I don't use it. The analogy of the bow and arrow can be used to describe the process for how we're supposed to breath during the Asanas. The natural way that a person breaths when their bending back a bow is that they inhale a breath of air (through the nose). So when tension is being placed on both the bow and the body, we inhale a breath of air.
And "after" the arrow is released, the body is in a relaxed or non-tense state, so the body naturally takes an exhalation breath. This is the way it's supposed to be whenever we perform the Asanas.

For me, I like to take the inhalation breath while remaining still in the Asana, and then I move back to either sitting on my knees or standing to take the exhalation breath, when my spine is in a vertical position. I also close my eyes when I perform the asanas, which helps with the process of Dissolving.

The way that Dissolving works is that our mind is overcrowded with Karma (memories), and Dissolving helps to erase those memories because it's a feeling of Centeredness, and freedom from Cyclic patterns of thoughts and behaviors .. A total experience of the Now or present.

I wish I could help you a little bit more on the Mantra or "Word" part. Paramahansa Yogananda mentioned the fact that "The Word" mentioned in The Bible is a reference to the Mantra "OM." I've practiced mantras throughout my life. Strangely enough, the mantra that I always used to like the best was the Vedic Mantra for the Sun ... "Soom" being it's seed syllable. Perhaps that mantra helped me to realize the things that I understand today. I've also practiced "OM" and Gayatri, which has a lot to do with those very same things. Some say that OM is the sound of the Sun.

But, basically, mantras are just "sound forms." The reason why I prefer not to use them is because I'm trying to rid my body off all form, and vibrations are sound forms, perhaps a more subtle form, but In that respect, I prefer not to play the role of Creator, but rather allow the Creator to create me in the image of the formless. But I'm not trying to say that mantras can't work to heighten the whole experience in some way. My Time just hasn't come to understand that part, yet.