View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Prayer is all about opening up the heart, opening it way up and just surrendering whatever there is of 'self' fully into it.

When the heart is open, this tends to happen anyway and prayer should be an expression of love rather than "I need this answer" or "I need your help" or "please talk to me". Krishna knows all those things already, so give Him something he wasn't expecting, say "I love You" and mean it.

Say "I love you" to God the same way as you would to your beloved, or to your child, or to whomever you feel a deep connection with here on earth.

This may be difficult for you, but find a nice picture of Krishna...one you really like the look/feel of and just gaze at it. Light a candle in front of it in a darkened room and while the picture has your attention, go "You are my everything and my heart is all yours. I may not tell you as often as I should because I presumed you knew it...but I love you so deeply....so much and I am nothing without you and your guidance and wisdom..."

I mean, really go into this and allow yourself to feel it...allow it to touch your heart...allow Krishna to reach there and not just be a 'God' but your true friend, your lover, your life and inspiration (coming from the word inspire-to breathe in). This is prayer.

Allow your Ishta Dewata to be the reason why it is your Ishta Dewata and keep going back to that meaning.

Eventually you'll notice things happening and answers to your prayers and even though they may have not been the answers you wanted or anticipated, you'll see them as answers anyway.

All the best.
Ma'm thanks for the care and also for the "All the best"

I think:

What you said i may not exactly follow that cause its different from my current personality. Recently i've been listening to love/romance songs while starting at picture of Krishna. I don't know how frequently and till when i'll continue doing this.