View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulyo13
In vipassanna, we just watch/aware/know/witness the thoughts with out judging it. Read vinicchaya for more about judgement.
It is primarily about mindfulness what you mention.
And there are different views among buddhists. One view is that of bare attention which seems to be your view and another view holds that categorizing is necessary in order to attain the ripening effect to be attained.
Since I am not into mindfulness I am just philosophically interested. And from my perspective bare attention does not make any sense because either you have a goal or not but if you don't have a goal why practice mindfulness at all? If there is a purpose of practicing mindfulness then there has to be categorizing of what appears.
Maybe your concept of 'judgement' is a mix with 'being emotionally affected'. From my perspective the concept of 'judgement' merely means 'categorizing objects': 'it is this (but not that)'. The best way to not be emotionally affected while being mindful is to see the emptiness of inherent existence of all objects appearing (sense objects, emotions, thoughts etc.), i.e. to integrate insight into emptiness and mindfulness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulyo13
The one who block the liberation is the judgement thoughts, the good or right or bad or wrong one is just an 'illusion' that makes we think that they support or blocking the liberation.
That is ambivalent advice because it could be understood as 'thoughts are bad/wrong and have to be stopped'. But no, thoughts are perfectly ok. A state of 'no thought' can easily become a state of stupidity.