View Single Post
Old 24-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Deviahn_Dow

That's actually really interesting. I have a sick fascination with places like these. Graveyards don't do it for me but when I lived in Austin, there was a haunted church that all the kids would go to and tell those stupid stories and dare eachother to go in. Let me tell you, I went in that church every dare I got and I would stay. It was creepy as all get out, now that I remember it, more but for some reason, something was always extremely inviting in it. It called you in but if you went into the chapel, it was terrifying. It was just an old church, to any little street kid. It looked like an old curch, pews and the crucifix and the pulpit... but there was something seriously sinister about that chapel.

Last year, I was at andersonville POW cemetary on a conservation project and we actually slept inside the recreated walls of where the prinsoners were kept. We wandered the cemetary and we event did "ghost walks". It was really cool because if you had any sensativity at all, you could feel so much around you that it was like walking into a room filled with static electricity.
I would love to visit more places such as these, when I'm older.