View Single Post
Old 21-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Master

The key to a smooth transition is to let go and not be concerned about what you have left behind. In ancient times cremation was the most popular method in disposing of a corpse; primary because it was though to be a way of not having the corpse spread disease. But like Jesus (Yesuha) sometimes the corpse was placed in a cave and the cave was sealed.

Today in most parts of Europe, and in North & South America, people who are buried are put in an ornate sealed casket, and their corpse is slightly mummified (embalmed) to preserve it if an open casket service is requested; which does not allow for the natural immediate decomposition of the body, or have the body decompose and blend with the earth. Countries like those in Africa and in the Middle East use a plain wood box which is not air tight and decomposition more readily occurs.

Cremation has its’ pros and cons, i.e. if you are murdered and then cremated they can not dig up your body for future reference of evidence. But I do view cremation as a preference, with my ashes scattered in the wind, because too much land is taken up for cemeteries, land which could be used for something else. At the time of human death how you deal with your own mind has more relevance than how you deal with the death of your physical human body.

Fact is, there are people who die and they never find their body; so that person made plans to be cremated or buried but there is no body for others to do that. A person can die in many ways where their body is not found, like in a plane which crashes in the ocean, etc. So there may not be a choice in how your body is disposed of after death.