View Single Post
Old 15-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Experiencer
These are the two sides to the coin, aren't they?
Quote:
It's hard to just live my life when he's always on my mind, which is why I've tried so hard to just forget about him and move on. But I can't because the Universe won't let me. (OpenYourEyes)
Quote:
The signs, I believe, are to indicate that the purpose of the relationship has not been all the way fulfilled yet. Meaning, there are still reasons that the two people have not parted ways yet or are still drawn to each other. (jro5139)
I'm in this current place and I think when you've made the decision to try to live your own life, the real work is to get him out of your mind so that you can truly focus on yourself. I've said it before that self-abandonment seems to be a key obstacle for chasers to overcome.

I'm detaching and have good days and some bad days in terms of him coming into my mind. When my present moment work or life is stimulating, or when I stay active physically and take long walks, this helps the most. But I relapsed when I listened at length to song we both love. He crept back in to my field during the process. Then today when I dropped my daughter off at camp in a random neighborhood, his car appeared out of nowhere as I was about to make a left turn on a blind curve in the road. Almost crashed into him. As I corrected myself and let him pass, I felt his car slow down and I felt his eyes on me. But I had no clue about his emotions toward me. I don't know what the universe's message is when he doesn't want to communicate. So I'll just keep walking, keep driving, and be alert.

By the way - please pm me if you can explain how to quote people so they are referenced automatically. Thanks