Thread: It's Holistic
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Master
It's Holistic

I came to say something about my life change to daily exercise and there were two forum sections: Exercise and Health. Good health is not any one thing, but everything, so I talk about health rather than exercise.

I joined a gym. I'm not into yoga styled things, but I have a history with martial arts. I'm into body strength, rock music and grunting. I can't stand sitar and whale-song and people who emphasise the 'ssss' when they say 'universe'.

You have to understand how diametrically opposed the rock and sweat mentality and the relaxation music and incense mind-set are, so this about personality type. In which case, for me, there's no use for doing yoga because those clowns want to hug everyone and I want to crush the life out of them, right? It's not that I'm better than or hateful toward that other approach to health, or, more importantly, vice versa; it's just ones health has to be a real sincere expression of one's personality - to suit who you are.

The guys at the gym are much stronger than I am, because I'm just starting, so there is a self conscious embaressment about looking like a weakling and lifting such light weights, but that's all part of the fun. Those blokes represent my potential and inspire me with aspiration, but I'm not in competition with anyone else; I'm just in it to find my limit and surpass it - do as best I can.

OK, so where does it start? People talk about the discipline involved, but I don't think that's the way to approach it. Building on personality type, it is about doing what one really wants to do. I want to be in there with muscles and metal. I don't want to be in a yoga type setting. Others may like the outdoors and go that way. I hate the outdoors and like it inside. What ever it is that is liked depending on whoever's personality. Do not do something you hate doing in the name of 'health'.

Health is a part of being yourself, and not only that, but being the best self you can be. It has the psychological and physical side, and a practice of spirituality. How centred I can be, how patient I need to be, how concentrated I need to be, how determined I need to be, and of course on off days when my head is a mess, I just need pure discipline... all of that is being exercised, practiced, and built up along with these hunky muscles which sate my depraved state of vanity.

I'm pretty amped with this life change from chair bound navel gazer to muscle bound ranter and raver, and if any reader is feeling the inspiration to 'get off the couch' so to speak, then more power to ya!