View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Master
Fish Meditating to create a world without lawyers, policemen and doctors

Reflections about Sri Vasudeva's Day 22, 2015 40 Days Observance

A very thought provoking talk this one… with all bad news on the radio I've been thinking about the teachings and social reform… some of which Sri Vasudeva spoke to in this talk…
Social reform and meditation

The social reform Sri Vasudeva speaks to is change in human consciousness at a paradigm level. Let's all become spiritually evolved, he says, then there will be no more violence, greed, lust, stress, disease and all those nasty things that make for dramatic shows, movies and books. He also says this paradigm shift is going to happen eventually anyway. According to Hindusim and the teachings of other ancient cultures, we are in an age that marks the ascension of humanity… just the beginnings but that eventually more and more of us will become enlightened until the Golden Age when everybody is enlightened and Paradise will return to Earth to last for eons until another fall comes and the cycle repeats itself. This is all very wonderful but not going to happen in our lifetime so what does it mean for me personally and what does it mean to the person who can't see themselves even having one decent spiritual experience or the hope of ascending to anything in this life?

It means that we can all glimpse Paradise right here and now. It means that if one or two or more people who are living in a spiritual space on earth get together and support one another, then little pockets of Paradise, little spaces of the future reality, can exist on Earth in the here and now - because people in meditative states can create that. I think his message is no different to that of other enlightened teachers - because they live in that space and they see it as a possibility. And when I had my experiences I began to see it as a possibility too.
Quote:
"When you are in the chakra areas, operating in the "Light" side or evolved side of each one, there is no need for violence, there is no need for war, there is no need for protection from anything. We have a great way to go in the future in terms of society and we need to be able to understand when we begin to evolve in consciousness and the spiritual domain begins to become more expressive – because when we are confused, “Am I losing touch with the world? Am I losing my grip? What is happening here? Why can’t I eat this? Why am I allergic to this? Why is this not working? Why can’t I relate to this person?” and then we realize now a whole new awareness of our world is emerging," ~ Sri Vasudeva
This quote speaks to the list of changes he spoke about in the talk - his experience of life before enlightenment, and after enlightenment. Totally totally different awareness. Just Like Waking Up.

Operating in my layers of being from a space of clarity
Meditation is a tool that can take me into a new dimension or reality, first an astral (pranic) dimension, then a causal or karmic dimension, then a formless spiritual dimension that is the peak of the mountain where I can view all the worlds I live in - subtle and gross, heavenly and earthly.

Letting go of my lower nature temptation to scream is tough because I live in a body that pulls at me all the time like a little child, "Mommy I want this! I don't want that! I'm hungry! I'm tired! I'm scared!" and I need to learn how to be a good parent to this body of mine.
Letting go of my attachment to the astral world is tough because my mind is like a river that can't be slowed or dammed up for long, it wants to keep flowing with thoughts and emotions while my little boat is swept away as it searches for that ocean of peace. I have to find ways to distract it - to keep it busy. And why is it so restless? It is being driven by conscious and subconscious deeper drives, attachments my soul has accumulated like so many barnacles from lifetime after lifetime of experience in this body or that body, each lifetime having convinced my "I" that I am this or I am that person or thing or set of values or whatever.
Knock and it shall be opened unto you
And as Sri Vasudeva teaches, letting go is not really a passive act. Letting go to the Kundalini experiences yes, that part is passive - but these don't happen every day. They happen at karmic moments that I need to be always on the lookout for - magic moments where the portal to the Paradise dimension opens up and I have a chance to fall down that rabbit hole into a whole new way of seeing. But for the rest of the time, the 99% of the time, I need to work work work (diligently, intensively, thoroughly) on my prana awareness - observing what's going on at subtle levels while I act in my world. What's going on at each chakra? Where am I blocking full expression of my Light? Where am I strong and could be stronger?

And so meditation is not about sitting for an hour or 20 minutes or 10 minutes a day and then going about life on autopilot. Meditation, for me anyway, is about trying to get that portal to Paradise to open up for me, one chakra at a time if necessary, and then if and when it does immediately and without any hesitation jumping into it - because if I hesitate for one split second the portal tends to close up again and I just want to kick myself for missing that magical chance.

There is much I could pull out from this talk, but today I think - yes if I can change myself, if I can be the social reformer of myself, getting all my chakras in line, getting my body on track, getting my mind disciplined, expressing my brightest light today, I am doing my bit to accelerate global change. Get my own act together first and do not point fingers. Rather use those fingers to sculpt a beautiful new me.