Thread: Genisus 1
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one
How can there be water when Genesis 2 | Lumina
lumina.bible.org/bible/Genesis+2Cached

1 In the beginning 1 God 2 created 3 the heavens and the earth. 4 . 2 Now 5 the earth 6 was without shape and empty, 7 and darkness 8 was over the surface of the ... how can there be water if the Earth has no shape are form?
Paul

The earth could be seen simply as being water planet at first. Maybe they believed it was possible having no understanding of science. This was during their time and apparently other cultures at that time saw water was first to. I think it actually tries to explain water, how it arose and where it came from. Water was there on day 1.

When it says no shape and empty, I think it meant empty of life. And without shape, which is familiar occurred later when the waters are collected and the sky (vault) is made and water is separated from waters which is to become rain, but not just yet, but the land is let to appear. In the version of Genesis I've read, the word "let" is used and let implies it was underneath the water and so the earth begins to take shape out of chaos of water.

I'm just seeing water as water. I doubt there was any science involved here. Everything that could be thought of as existing was explained with an old eye. It's what they and others thought possible.