View Single Post
Old 30-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Master
Fish The joy of getting to know my chakras!

reflections from Day 20 of Sri Vasudeva's 2015 40 Days Observance

I love getting to know my chakras!
I can't express to you how excited I am to explore my own chakras. I have been so focused on Kundalini all these years I haven't really gone into detail about these spiritual centers. I'm reading lots about them as I explore in my own practice and the more I learn, the more fascinated I get. Can you imagine what it would do to science and education if everyone experienced their own chakras? No more nonsense about "they don't exist" or "they're just the brain and nervous system". I mean acupuncture is being performed in some Western hospitals for pain and anesthetic alternatives - by MD's not Chinese Medicine healers - yet the establishment refuses to accept that chakras are what drives the human body (I mean the major chakras). But times are changing and as more and more people experience their own chakras, all this denial is going to disappear.
Continuing in Day 20's talk Sri Vasudeva said:
Quote:
"Even though these centers of spirituality (or spiritual intelligence, or chakras) may not be in your awareness they are still functioning within you, you are still using them because you are a spiritual being in the body, so definitely you are firing up the body with your spirituality. Even if you cannot feel them they are there because when you come to me I can tell you all about them and tell you what you are not observing or what you are not recognizing," ~ Sri Vasudeva

There is a world of difference between what is being taught about the chakras based on research versus what one can experience with one's own chakras directly. I started another thread on this topic, but it is a sensitive topic, very personal, so that might not be the best way to learn. I like to do my own research on my own subtle body in meditation, then I will read what enlightened beings have written about the chakras - and I compare my experience of it to what they are saying.
If I don't feel them yet
His first bit of advice was to start with the three most important areas: brow, heart and navel.
Quote:
"The moment you catch it you will feel it right within you, so until you catch it, begin to observe the functions: How is my mind operating? How is my emotional being operating? How is my body operating? Begin to look at the functions of these and see whether you are carried away by them," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Again, he is saying to not neglect the entire system by focusing on the brow chakra only.
Then he reminds me:
Quote:
"Most of all reason is where your power lies. When you cannot yet feel it, look at the functions and try to enhance them: “Let me clear my mind. Let me begin to learn to manage my mind. Let me learn to use the physical breathing to help me to get more into balance,” ~ Sri Vasudeva
In meditation whenever I get flustered or things are not progressing fast enough (God give me patience right NOW!) all I need to do is go back to beginner style meditation, re-centering, focusing on the breath, calming down my beating heart…and then the energy (prana) will flow again and I can return to ujai and focusing on the chakra points. I'm using logic to do that. Logic, reasoning power, until intuition starts to flow and takes my attention to where it needs to go.

About patience
Quote:
"Begin to use those basic things without the anxiety of “When am I going to feel it? When is it going to happen?” Those very things are obstacles. Just let go: “Let me observe. Let me explore,” and in that very letting go and observing and exploring with the heart (with a desire to know more and to feel more in that inner space) it will reveal itself to you," ~ Sri Vasudeva
Why is my most productive meditation happening during sleep! When I am waking in the morning my hands are already reiking various chakra positions, I feel that deep connect with Source, and intuition is flowing like crazy. This is what happens to me when I am so focused on my spiritual development - the practice continues even in the dream state! And this is exciting too because Sri Vasudeva became enlightened in the dream state, when on May 5, 1978 all the years of intensive and sustained practice bore fruit.

Nobody gets left behind
We are all on a spiritual evolutionary journey whether we know it or not. This is a constant refrain in his teachings. Life pushes us around so even if we are not practicing anything, eventually we get to awakening experiences.
Quote:
"…there is an evolutionary urge within you to evolve in the consciousness so it’s going to happen to you no matter what. Begin to look for that evolutionary urge within you. That is what drives you to learn spirituality and to apply it. That evolutionary urge - it drives you to read spiritual things; it drives you to practice spiritual things – so follow that…deep urge. The more you do, the more you’ll get into the awareness of that subtle energy system. Until you can control the mind, breathe with a focus on the brow and learn the ujai breathing and that will give you a focus up in the brain area," ~ Sri Vasudeva
When I read about all these complex yogic practices I sometimes feel overwhelmed and lost! It's all too much, especially when one's life is busy and involved with so many other responsibilities. I love how Sri Vasudeva cuts away the unnecessary stuff and gives me these simple simple practices. All I need do is do them faithfully every day and I will get to the next step. And I love Siddha Yoga / Maha Yoga because I can, as Sri Vasudeva says, "catch" the master's energy and through that his consciousness like the airplane that takes the glider high enough so they can fly on their own...until I discover my own secret 7 engines!

Last edited by Uma : 30-05-2016 at 03:53 PM.