View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Knower
Ah! Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E.

IChill, this is exciting work.

At first glance, this felt ominous. The smaller figure has secrets and is encircled by this massive, terrifying monster. Gives an overall impression of darkness and torture, maybe even self-torture - or of master and prisoner. On second glance, however, we see the embrace is nearly a hug - and that the monster is not so terrible, possibly more like a pet (look at those sweet eyes, really!) You come to see there is a relationship going on here, and it is not ALL about 'darkness' or 'fear'. It's a bit of a mutual power play. Buddies sparring - ha ha! Lastly, the finger held up to give the 'Shhhh!' comes across as white - goodness, light - not a finger, but a purified soul at the center. That, plus the mandala in the background and the stars makes me feel an overall sense of balance, or at least a desire to be balanced. The fun thing about art is different people project different meanings based on their own perceptions; often, these have little to do with what the artist intended, so that's my take on it. I like it. Well done. More please.