View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Master
Fish The Guru Principle

Day 10 of 40: April 4/16

Today Sri Vasudeva explained that at the heart of Maha Yoga is the principle of the Guru (guru tattwa "Guru Principle") and that when the guru principle is awakened with you, the real spiritual journey begins taking you towards enlightenment.

He spoke about his early disenchantment with all the research and spiritual practices he was doing that lead him to go on a quest to India at the age of 20 to find a true guru who could awaken him. A true guru is someone who lives in that consciousness that will accelerate everything, that will bring about your spiritual awakening (paraphrasing Swami Vivekananda). It reminded me of my own disenchantment and my deep longing during the years before I met him and I remembered how dramatically everything changed after the Guru Principle within him awakened the Guru Principle within me.

The Awakened Kundalini is the true Guru.

In 2008 Sri Vasudeva devoted his entire 40 Days Observance to the topic of the Guru Principle. I think he did this in part because it is an easily misunderstood concept. Guru means "teacher" and anybody who tells you how to do something is one. Teachers of all kinds can be a catalyst on your journey but if you feel at some point feel exploited or dis-empowered in some way, you'll either try to go it alone or move on to find a better one. A true Guru wants nothing from you but to remove your ignorance - and part of that is to awaken your own personalized custom made guru inside.

What is really important to understand is that the Guru Principle is not a physical person.

The Guru Principle is sushumna-awakened Kundalini, the teacher within (Guru means "teacher). The Guru Principle is also the guidance I get from every person, thing or process I meet in my universe. Even my spiritual guides have guides. The Guru Principle is the greatest guide I know of. The Guru Principle is my highest self in full manifestation. And it is everyone's highest self.

This inner teacher takes time, effort and grace to gradually unfold in fullness in a person - but it can also manifest powerfully in sudden bursts - bursts of insight and inspiration, divine revelation, the awakening of magical powers and miraculous healings - all kinds of amazing and profound things. That's why ancient people who held on to the knowledge and experience of it worshipped it around the world as the power and knowledge of the Divine.

When the Guru Principle awakened in my spinal column this sacred energy became an intelligent guide that knew all my deepest secrets and that prompted me to purify everything about me on every level of being, transforming me in every way…and continues to do so every day…sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. It is only my own cluttered ego that keeps creating resistance to it and creates the dark periods I have endured in my journey.

One of the blocks is sometimes a feeling of unworthiness so I was grateful when during the meditation he said.
Quote:
"Move away from any idea that you are helpless, worthless, undeserving.
Clear it out of the space.
You are Divine, you are worthy and every power that is within you in the consciousness space is within you, is yours." ~ Sri Vasudeva

The awakened Kundalini was the start of a very magical journey for me. Only when it awakened my brow chakra did I begin to discover my power to co-create my journey with this Inner Guide and to share in its powers and consciousness. That's the stage of guru awakening and the most dangerous stage where it's really tempting to co-create in a selfish way - hurting oneself and others. There are many temptations at this stage - it's a Darth Vadar stage. This is when it's so important to cultivate reverence, surrender, humility (qualities sorely lacking in today's society) and to keep reminding myself that I am not the doer, but it is God who does everything.