View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 03:02 AM
Experiencer

I had a NDE in 2007 at the age of 58 when I flat lined due to a heart attack. At the time I was of the opinion that when you die, you're dead...no after life. What I experienced was remarkably wonderful. I felt "whole" and experienced a state of being I'd never experienced in this life. I learned the most important thing there is is unconditional love and we should all practice the Golden Rule...no exceptions. There is no judgement, only enlightenment. The reality is in that other dimension (even though while here it seems this is the reality), and there is no such thing as "death". This life is like a play or movie, and we have had and will have many lives. The saying that hits the nail on the head is "we are not humans experiencing spirituality...we are spirits experiencing humanness".

We hear of Christians seeing Jesus or God, Jews seeing Moses or Abraham, etc. I saw no deities...what little (but important) knowledge I gained seemed to come from within.
When people see deities, it makes sense to me that our consciousness (spirit, soul, whatever) just left a body that has a mind, whose ego has made an influence on our consciousness. I'd guess that influence would vanish as our consciousness becomes accustomed to it's place of origin.
I'm no expert or guru, so please don't take my NDE story as a lesson or advice. It's merely what I make of what I'd experienced.