View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I think using the term 'Past Lives' is a human thing, in a world where we have clocks and have past, present and future. Spirit doesn't have the same concept of time, so in that sense to Spirit there is no past, present nor future. Parallel Lives make more sense to me. When I've gone through 'Past Lives' they don't feel like memories, they feel like those thoughts come from a different part of me, inside.

Karma in terms of good and bad just don't work for me, that smacks too much of judgement. Looking at karma in terms of cause and effect does though.

The way I see it, those 'Past Lives' are happening right now but in a dimension I can't perceive with human senses. It's like a radio station, you listen to one station because that's the one it's tuned into. Turn the dial a tad off-station and you begin to lose the clarity. Turn it a little more and all you get is static noise. A little bit yet and the next station starts to come through. That is where the awareness of 'Past Lives' comes from, because your consciousness is able to tune itself a little, just enough to get past the station you're currently listening to and through a little static into another station.

I have never thought about it before the other thread. How could I remember dying as an infant and a woman who was probably in her 60's, a woman in her 30's, a monk in China about 70, an autistic boy about 7 etc. etc. etc. (as Yul Brynner would say) ??? So many different geographic locations and eras ?
On the other hand remembering some of those lives is as painful as anything that has happened to me this lifetime. I break down crying when I have just listened to the tapes.
Greenslade, how could you have known of me in Atlantis and saw me die and yet in this incarnation we are both alive and I am 58? (I'll be nice and not ask you age, but I think it is close to mine)
Like I said before it is just too baffling for my wee brain~~~~