View Single Post
Old 26-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
If you think movie action violence is real that is OK for me. As far as I am concerned the original had a feel good ending of victory and celebration. This new one just leaves you with a hermit Luke Skywalker with a scuzzy beard, and a brooding dark face, and he never said a word in the 22.9 seconds the they showed him at the very end of the movie.

No, I don't think movie action violence is real but it is a differentiator between a feel good movie and other styles of movies

Quote:
Feel good movies have a good story line that enables you to connect with the story and charactors. They have a begining and a full ending where you feel good when the movie is over.

I don't remember episode 4 having a feel good beginning. It started with a battle and capture of the rebel ship.

Quote:
James Cameron's "Avatar" was a feel good move from start to end, and had battle scenes in it. What makes a movie depressing, is when it is just thrown together just for the violence with no thoughtful story to it. Such as most of this new Star Wars movie was.

There were many parts of the movie avatar where I felt very sad and torn. Even in the end it felt melancholy given the fact that their sacred tree got trashed and many perished, even when they got together to honor one another after their ordeal. I was happy to see the bad guys defeated at the end of avatar but it wasn't a "happy ending" in my book given the suffering they experienced and the losses they incurred. It was more of a relief that they survived and perservered instead of happiness

Quote:
I consider "War" movies are about real wars such as WW2 and Vietnam. Not Science Fiction ones, that have video game battles in them. I think Hollywood and film critics agree with me.

I am not sure what the critics think but I feel war movies are war movies whether they really took place or are fictionalized or take place in space. I guess we will have to agree to disagree regarding our analysis and assessments Thunderbow