View Single Post
Old 21-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Thank you. These types of site are very unreliable because they don't have documentation to prove anything.

That is why I find the op saying he could trace his ancestors to Pompeii a little strange. Documents from that era are very few and far, only Royals or important people would have paper work going so far back and even then a lot of it gets lost along the years. Thanks anyway.

Well, I am not the OP, and I did say 'sort of traced'. Yeah, you go back that far and you're talking 'the record such as it is'. According to that I am the 77th generation since Pompey. Few generations down the line it is a prefect in Gaul, a Duke in Alsace, several Kings of France who were all named either Phillip or Louis, a French princess who married an English king, moving to a bunch of lords and nobles, the descendent of one of whom moved to found a plantation in colonial Virginia, eventually leading to my sweet grandma in Indiana who had a thing about not eating fish without scales.

But back to the OP.... a descendent of David was King Solomon, who had like 400 wives and probably thousands of kids and millions of grand-kids. Has anyone traced the ancestors that far of Cyrus, or Nebuchadnezzar, or Pompey, or Herod.... were any of them descendents of Solomon through some foreign wife?

Or then again, "a shoot will come out of the root of Jesse". Maybe it is not from David per se but from one of Davidi's great uncles' lines....

Let him who has the spirit to lead, lead. Let him who is chosen be chosen.