View Single Post
Old 29-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Guide

Cultus Deorum...

Hi guys!

I've taken an interest on and off about pre-Christian religion(s) of Rome. Cultus Deorum I think it's called. I have a basic understanding of each God and Goddess, esp. the Dii Consentes. I understand it's origins as a "spirit" religion, based on nature and spirits of the ancestors, and its mixture with Etruscan and Greek religious beliefs and practice, but I'm actually more geared towards the transitional Republican-Imperial period of religion in Rome, the practices, etc.

I guess between my love(or unhealthy obsession some would say ) for Roman history and culture, and my family's oral stories which talk about our Roman origins, and a special affinity to the Gods, it's something I've wanted to take on, but haven't taken the initiative to do so. I don't know if I want to participate in any, liturgy, or rites, I guess is the better word, but I do know I want to at least learn it's history, and in depth. Anything good like books, websites, etc. would be marvelous

And please, if I'm misguided on something, don't be afraid to show me differently