View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
We are the sum of the whole in our own unique way of being whole, so we are affected in many ways to shift within. Not just one way, so once more I am emphasizing it all can serve if you allow or need it. You cant say what is necessary to another, is not necessary, the uniqueness of another's pathway may require what you see as not necessary as necessary for them, so it all can be necessary in my view.

The fact that one may utilize a particular idea or practice on their path does not make that idea or practice necessary. Many of us take detours and even backtrack a bit on our path, but that does not make these detours and lost progress necessary. What is necessary, in terms of spiritual growth, is learning from these shortcomings in whatever form they may take and avoiding them when the insight is possessed to do so. When talking about something that has a particular definition, such as spiritual growth (although this definition may vary from person to person, there is a fundamental essence of purifying the mind from harmful tendencies and cultivating wholesome and beneficial states of mind that I do not believe can be excluded from the definition), there are things that, by definition, lead to that end, and things that do not. The way I see it, here we are talking about something that does not lead to that end, for reasons I have already explained. I am open to hearing the case for theorizing and prophesizing about energy shifts being necessary for one's growth.

Last edited by VinceField : 10-08-2015 at 01:03 AM.