View Single Post
Old 19-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Master
Relationship with money

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hi all,

I have heard different perspectives on money. Some said they don't like money but they need it. What is your relationship with money? What purpose do you see money serves? Are you motivated by money? Can you practice spirituality in poverty?

W.

Wanchain,

Spirituality has nothing to do with either living in wealth or living in poverty....

Why ? Because You are what money is!

How can this be ?

In the 1st reference, you'll find an online source for the book "Your Invisible Power" written by Genevieve Behrend. On page 15, you'll read that God, or Universal Mind, made man for the special purpose of differentiating Himself through him. Everything there is, came into existence in this same way, by this self-same law of self-differentiation, and for the same purpose. First came the idea, the mental picture, or the prototype of the thing, which is the thing itself in its incipiency. The Great Architect of the Universe contemplated Himself as manifesting through his polar opposite—matter—and the idea expanded and projected itself until we have not only a world, but many worlds." Do you see ?

Everything there is, including each of US, and ALL the money there has ever been is.....made of the only Substance there is which is an eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent Being manifesting Itself as US.

As to your question about one's "relationship with money", consider an excerpt from page 6 of the same reference illustrating how Ms. Behrend explains how the relationship actually works...as that very Substance:

"One morning after class a man came to me and asked if I would speak the word of supply for him, as he was sadly in the need of money. He offered me a $5 bill with the remark: “Dear Madam, that is half of every dollar I have in the world. I am in debt; my wife and child have not the proper clothing; in fact, I must have money.” I explained to him that money was the symbol of differentiated substance, that this substance filled all space, that it was present for him at that very moment, and would manifest to him as the money he required. “But,” he questioned, “it may come too late.” I told him it could not come too late, as it was eternally present." Her narrative continues on with how circumstances transpired to meet this man's needs shortly after that.

We are actually the Spirit, manifesting as the Substance, configured as ANY form we desire It to be...including money, but even more importantly, as any "thing" we would use money to buy the "thing" with!

Here’s another illustration excerpted from Ms. Behrend’s book, Your Invisible Power (on page 22):

"One of the doormen in the building in which I lived heard much of the mental picturing of desires from visitors passing out of my rooms. The average desire was for $500. He considered that five dollars was more in his line and began to visualize it, without the slightest idea of where or how he was to get it. My parrot flew out of the window, and I telephoned to the men in the courtyard to get it for me. One caught it, and it bit him on the finger. The doorman, who had gloves on, and did not fear a similar hurt, took hold of it and brought it up to me. I gave him five one-dollar bills for his service. This sudden reward surprised him. He enthusiastically told me that he had been visualizing for just $5, merely from hearing that others visualized. He was delighted at the unexpected realization of his mental picture. "

There is something extremely important about this example that is usually overlooked. What is that "something"? It is One. Why One ??

Reflect again on the example of the doorman above and you will see....that each and every part of the example is really an interaction within, and of, the One Mind (the “Whole” )...as seen from apparently different perspectives ( “parts” ). Everything that transpired in this example....from the doorman's initial visualization....to Ms. Behrend's parrot flying unexpectedly out of her window....into the hands of the first doorman who was bitten....who then handed the parrot to the second doorman wearing gloves....who then took the escaped parrot back to Ms. Behrend....who then surprised the doorman with $5 for his deed.....is entirely One thing. And that One thing is the Universal Mind (i.e. the “Whole” expressing Itself as each “part”). Do you see?

Though this is not primarily a thread about LOA, perhaps you can see the answer to this subject "threaded" through the following perspective from the 2nd reference:

"Life did not give being to the person you believe yourself to be.” “Life (or God) gave being to you by becoming you, by being you, to the same degree that a branch is the presence of the vine. One is the Source and the other is the Source manifesting. There is not the Source And the manifestation. There is only the Source. Every man on Earth is the one Source (God) manifesting, only no one is aware of this. It is a paradox. God … did not create ‘men’. ‘Men’ … created men. God gave being to Himself as the organism known as ‘man’. Man and God are one and the same. God … made ‘man’ to be as God … as Himself. The only thing that has being is the Source. Only God is. Man … is God embodied, only he thinks he is the person his parents created when they named him at his birth." “A rose, is the ‘Invisible’ (God) manifesting AS a rose. A canary is the ‘Invisible’ manifesting As a canary. A dolphin is the ‘Invisible’ manifesting As a dolphin. A man, is ‘God’ manifesting As a man. No living ‘thing’ has any ‘being’ of itself. No matter what you are looking at, you are looking at the Source. (‘God’), manifesting as that ‘thing’

That is why Spirituality has nothing to do with either living in wealth or living in poverty....

And everything to do with what Ms. Behrend goes on to say on page 47 of the 1st reference".....your mind is the mirror in which the Infinite Power and Intelligence of the Universe sees itself reproduced...."

Your mind, repeat, YOUR mind, IS the mind of the Infinite Power and Intelligence of the Universe....expressing ITSELF through YOUR senses, and AS you, and AS every “thing” you can apprehend with them…and AS every “thing” beyond your ability to apprehend with them.

Are you seeing ?

Hope this, and the references below helps you place the "relationship with money" as being the same "undifferentiated Substance" as anything else is in the entirety of Creation....with one exception:

You are the consciousness of the Universe being aware of Itself...as All That.

We are That.

Reference: http://www.lightisreal.com/YourInvisiblePower.pdf by Genevieve Behrend

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=13
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)