View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Suspended
Once again, we can get caught in the Politics rather than subject of the sub-forum. Native American are the original New World people of the Americas, North and South America and their associated island nations.

Changing the name to " Faiths of Indigenous Peoples" includes New and Old world peoples. Thus everyone is "Indigenous" to this planet. I still suggest opening a sub forum called "Faiths of Indigenous Peoples" and also Keep the other sub forum Native American Spirituality" to cover New World First Nations. If one is so objectionable to the word "Native American" then replace it with "New World First Nations".

We need or own forum, as we are not Old World Indigenous People, and should not be included with them under this generalized Forum title. We have our own distinct ways that are different than those found in the old world. Other wise I feel we are being ignored as an separate people as we once were, and I consider this new Title as an blind attempt to assimulate us into the dominate culture. This I used the word "hostile", and I consider this attempt as hostile to the ways of the New World 1st Nations, or "Native Americans".