View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 03:37 AM
Experiencer
Hi pjt_ldn,

I can only speak for myself, so it may be different from you. When your 3rd eye opens up for the first time it's an amazing experience! It's like you are seeing without your eye. This is what happened to me many years ago: After being in a meditative state for a while, and all I saw was just black. Suddenly, a small round hole opened up in the darkness. And I could see things moving around inside that hole. It didn't last long, and then the hole closed again. So you may experience something similar in the beginning.

There are 2 things I would like to mention that may help you, First off, you need learn to stop thinking that you need to use your eyes to see through the 3rd eye. Even though your eyes are closed it's natural to try to looking through your eyes anyway. It takes some practice to stop looking with your eyes. You are instead seeing with your mind. One little exercise to learn this is to chance your focus. First, with your eyes closed image that you are looking at an object in front of you. That feels normal. Now the challenge is to slowly move your imaginary object closer and closer to yourself and as you do that your focus will follow the object. And then move the imaginary object to slowly go through your head and inside of your head. Your focus should follow too, and not just thinking where the object is. This is where you may start thinking that this is not possible - but it is. If you manage that, then you have also managed to activate your mind's focus. The second recommendation I would like to give you that can help to keep your inner vision open, is to not think about what you see until the vision is over. If you start thinking about what you see, then you become conscious and your 3rd eye will close up again.

I know this was little short and there is much more to say about this, but I hope it makes a sense anyway (it's all from my own self-learning that I discovered these things).

Boson