View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Experiencer
Hi Tispir,
i have similar condition,years ago doctors said it's called hyperandrogenic anovulation,or Stien-Leventhal syndrome,but it wasn't confirmed since this syndrome includes polycistic ovaries,and they haven't found any cyst.The weight issue is often accompanied by insulin resistance,and that makes it harder to cope with.Doctors couldn't help me,so i turned to alternative methods.Homeopathy made my cycles regular,also helped to maintain the suitable diet,which in my case is whole grains,no white sugar,no diary,no fried foods,i suppose you know what shouldn't be eaten.One of the greatest dietary sources is also a medicine for that condition,since it contains D-inositol,which is helps with the insulin-it's the buckwheat,the richest source of D-inositol,so you could eat it on a daily basis.Also the carbohydrates you eat should have low glycemic index.Beans and lentils are great.As for the herbs,i use Licorice root,Evening primrose oil(capsules),Cinnamon and Saw Palmeto.Saw Palmeto especially reduces the hirsutism(hair growth).