View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
You might start out a little slower then. I think we are all here, at the basic basic of us all, to learn how to love ourselves, unconditionally. That's a tall order for most of us. Try this and see what I mean. Stare at yourself in the mirror in the morning when you go to brush your teeth and say " I love myself" as many times as you can stand. See if you can feel if you believe it or not. If you don't, and I certainly didn't - though that did surprise the heck out of me - do it anyway. During the day, remind yourself to say to yourself that you love yourself. Do it as much as you remember to, for one week.

And if, after one week, you still don't believe it, keep doing it until you do. Things will pop out at you, that tell you that of course you don't love yourself, because look at what you are saying to yourself, and you'll begin to see the things you are telling yourself. But do it anyway. Ignore that voice, and keep going.

Isn't that force, though? A lot of material I've read in the past was specific on allowing things to happen by themselves and not making them happen unless it was joy-based action or something along those lines. I could attempt to do this, but it reminds me of saying "I'm happy!" while depressed and it's pretty fake in my opinion, even though I can't imagine any other way on how to love myself.

Quote:
After you have told yourself you love yourself, you might tack on, I trust my body. I think the underlying statement you are telling your body is that you don't trust it. If you tell yourself you trust your body, whether you believe it or not at first, your body reacts to your thoughts and if you think it enough, it will respond, and after awhile you will believe it. Your body takes its cues from you, so give it some good ones for a change. You can trust your body.

This one, I agree with. I will begin doing this now and see what happens. Over the years, I've been conditioned into fighting against my body and thinking it's out to get me or never does what I want it to. Of course, whatever problem I have lasts longer whenever I do this. My Mom avoids getting colds by denying the symptoms, and I instantly complain and draw attention to when one's beginning, which makes it develop a lot easier and last a good week.

Quote:
When you breathe, try breathing in joy for a change. Joy is all around you. Tell yourself you are breathing in the joy all around you , and breathe it all the way down to your toes. Do this in the morning, and see if that doesn't feel better.

Connect your body to the earth. Do as Tobi suggests, go out in nature, be in nature, sit under a tree, under the canopy, and see if you can feel the trees love. Take your shoes off and plant your feet in the grass or the dirt and see if you can feel the earth's energy flowing up through your feet. It is always flowing through us, but you need to be connected to the earth to feel it for yourself.

I like these suggestions, too. I'll try both of them tomorrow.

Quote:
Ask your guides for help right before you go to sleep. You have them, and they love you unconditionally. If you ask for their help, they can help you, but sometimes we have to ask first.

I've read a little bit about spirit guides in the past few months, but don't understand how to get their attention and am not sure if it's a matter of belief or something really does happen after following a certain protocol. As I've said, I am quite new to all of this.