View Single Post
Old 14-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Experiencer
I do believe this can be done. In fact, I am pretty sure I have done it. One night I was really having a good meditation outside. I was really in a zen place and everything was perfect. I think I could have stayed there all night. Unfortunately, all of a sudden, birds started chirping. This caused more birds to chirp. Then the frogs and birds started competing for quite moments. In time it started to distract me in my "zen moment" :) For some reason, I was in such a place, I was convinced I could will them to silence themselves and focused on this energy. I kid you not - within about 5 seconds everything went silent and stayed silent.... I was absolutely blown away - so much so that it completely interrupted my meditation. My excitement became the distraction. After coming out of meditation the birds and frogs slowly started making racket. It was absolutely an amazing experience. I do believe the only reason I was able to do this was because I was absolutely convinced I could do this - no questions asked. I had no doubt whatsoever. I have no idea how I got to this place but I hope to some day experience it again

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung