View Single Post
Old 21-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCat
Thank you for the answer.
I would like to hear your opinion on something: from what I understand chi gong is a very popular practice, if it was possible to do such things without touching a person wouldn't it have been publicized to the public already? I mean, from the millions of people who practice it there are bound to be a few hundreds who would want to 'show off'.

Another question: how physically demanding is the practice? Is this like normal exercises? Because in chi kung even after a practice of more than half a year I don't feel my muscles become stronger at all.

it isn't about your muscles and it isn't about becoming stronger the way people think about it. you possibly want to think about trying to feel weaker in order to learn about this. Traditionally, it takes a very long time (many years) to condition the body and learn the topic... and that is when you are guided. But being guided also has its downside; it isn't for everyone.

As far as the showoffs, if you have a guide they will always have a reason to transmit to you why you shouldn't show off. With the large amount of time you spend with the guide while you are learning the things you need to be able to show off, the reason rubs off on you as part of your training so you don't do it.