View Single Post
Old 16-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I understand how you feel. It's common I think these days in our modern secular society to have a lot of negative opinion of religion, and bit of a departure from the norm to hear someone not against it which is impressive. It gets kind of old, I also heard the same thing from some Evangelicals that were adamant about having 'real' spirituality and not religion like all others. I agree it's all part of the human experience, but some of it can get boring after awhile.. from seeing it so much.

It's not religion that's negative. It's the negative associations we form about religion. Many of us have had bad experiences with it and so we think of it negatively. But experience is experience, neither good or bad (despite what it seems), and whilst I also have my own past negative associations with religion this doesn't mean I see religion as wrong or worthless or inferior It just wasn't for me, in this life.

Well.. it's easier to see from evangelicals because they're so open about it but I think trying to assert one's point of view as the only one is a universal experience, whether it's related to religion or spirituality or on how to tie ones shoe laces