Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   10 of Cups as an outcome? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89399)

CherryCherry 07-08-2015 06:14 PM

10 of Cups as an outcome?

Hi all,

Okay, so I have already posted about this card. Does it always mean getting together when it is the outcome between two people who see each other as romantic interests?

I always thought it did, but some people say it means a happy ending but maybe alone? Or the end of a romantic venture, as it is a ten?

I really don't have enough experience with this card to say ... What do you guys think? :-)

CherryCherry

55Degrees 07-08-2015 06:30 PM

It's emotional or spiritual fulfilment. If you were in an unhappy or abusive relationship being single would pribably be fulfilment for you. Its all about perspective.
I'm happily single through choice, so if 10 of Cups showed up for me I'd take it as I'm happy with that (I don't need no man :wink: ) and content with my (emotional) life, financially I'm closer to the 5 of Pents lol.

In the aspect of say 'the other woman/man' in an extra marital affair, depending on the other cards it may be the married partner staying with their spouse (in RWS) the couple are turned away from the people looking at the cards (I love symbology).

So I suppose it depends on surrounding cards and the situation.

CherryCherry 07-08-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
It's emotional or spiritual fulfilment. If you were in an unhappy or abusive relationship being single would pribably be fulfilment for you. Its all about perspective.
I'm happily single through choice, so if 10 of Cups showed up for me I'd take it as I'm happy with that (I don't need no man :wink: ) and content with my (emotional) life, financially I'm closer to the 5 of Pents lol.

In the aspect of say 'the other woman/man' in an extra marital affair, depending on the other cards it may be the married partner staying with their spouse (in RWS) the couple are turned away from the people looking at the cards (I love symbology).

So I suppose it depends on surrounding cards and the situation.

Finally, other women with that mindset! ;)

I'm single too, and I am 100% sure that I'm not looking for anything in the future. However, I quite like this guy so I wouldn't mind either way - if nothing happened I wouldn't look back.

Still kinda confused as to what it means here, but your answer explains it better so thank you!

tealily 08-08-2015 02:02 AM

Recently (and this is another 'Fountain Tarot' realisation) I've starting seeing the 10 of Cups less as the happy family under rainbows thing', and more about a gigantic water temple - sort of Hanging Gardens of Babylon-ish. When I see THAT much gorgeous water, I start thinking about wonder and 'the ultimate' form of fulfilment and happiness. It's also a nice story analogue for me because I can then visualise the Ace of Cups like a mini fountain, an Ace of Cups reversed like a fountain going dry, the Page of Cups like a temple acolyte coming forth with a message from the water temple etc.

Whatever works, yo! (I like stories)

annabelle239 11-08-2015 07:50 AM

I used to always take it as emotional fulfillment,emotional happiness and loved the card after getting it once with tower before a surprise kiss. However,i've also seen it pop up a lot after not seeing someone in awhile and breakups,so unfortunately,i feel it can mean both. Emotional fulfillment,heart happiness or moving on happily. i'd choose depending on context. If you are seeing each other,or interested i'd easily take it as fulfillment but if you haven't seen each other in awhile or just broke up,i'd take it the other way...in rw deck,can't help but feel it looks like it's happiness in every way,but saying goodbye,like it's saying see ya,i'm happy without you. Idk,these days it just looks like a goodbye card to me and i've not been liking seeing it but it used to be my favorite. So,i do think context is key.