Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Letting Go (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78803)

Awakened Queen 16-12-2014 07:28 PM

Letting Go

Why do people fear letting go so much?

sunsoul 17-12-2014 07:07 AM

Resistance, fear, blockages, the mind chattering rather than still...

If you have a certain peace of mind then you are not overwhelmed by disturbances and become 'much more than them'. From there you can break through your fears, etc.. And, the clouds will dissipate!

The other point is that karmically you may just have certain steps to go through in your life/lives.

kkfern 17-12-2014 12:14 PM

letting go is hard because they do not know where they are going. going somewhere. having a destination is easy. but the leaving one thing, without an idea of what is next is scary.

kk

sopranos33 17-12-2014 02:13 PM

I think people fear letting go is a mix of things, fear itself is a very tricky one to understand, also our ego can convince us we are letting go by using the teachings to let go, but in reality we aren't. also people maybe don't understand how to let go, so as to your question why do you think people are scared of letting go:hug3:

LadyMay 17-12-2014 03:58 PM

Yeah, it's basically just fear.

Awakened Queen 17-12-2014 04:42 PM

I definitely think an overactive mind doesn't help things. You're always thinking how you can control situations and people, when the truth is, you can't.

sopranos33 18-12-2014 01:35 PM

yes I agree. I think after being around a bit, " mindfulness " is the key, but we have to understand practising mindfulness and improving it is very difficult, but controlling our circumstances is impossible, so we might as well practice the first as its easier hehex

LadyMay 18-12-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sopranos33
yes I agree. I think after being around a bit, " mindfulness " is the key, but we have to understand practising mindfulness and improving it is very difficult, but controlling our circumstances is impossible, so we might as well practice the first as its easier hehex

Something I have noticed myself though, the more mindful you become the more aware you are of the waves that are really controlling your circumstances.
So then you can choose to change them consciously.

SpiritCarrier 18-12-2014 02:31 PM

Fear of the unknown, is why we don't like to let go. If we let go of someone, something, what comes next? We don't like the unknown so we try to hold onto what we know and are comfortable with.

Letting go is the only way to expand and learn, thus grow. When we grow, the known becomes the thing that holds us back, and we want to expand our minds, thus our spiritual journey.

sopranos33 18-12-2014 03:00 PM

" Fear of the unknown, is why we don't like to let go. If we let go of someone, something, what comes next? We don't like the unknown so we try to hold onto what we know and are comfortable with. " SOOOOOOOOO TRUE