Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Death is the beginning (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7391)

suchi 04-12-2010 02:08 PM

Death is the beginning

Death is not the end of life ,but is like the rest room of a halt station where after deboarding the train n completing a part of long journey,we take rest for some time ,refresh ourselves,change our dirty clothes.We get ready for the next course of journey n board another train.We settle down in our new seating configuration,start talking to the people around us n soon we forget the people who travelled with us during the last journey.

LightFilledHeart 04-12-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suchi
Death is not the end of life ,but is like the rest room of a halt station where after deboarding the train n completing a part of long journey,we take rest for some time ,refresh ourselves,change our dirty clothes.We get ready for the next course of journey n board another train.We settle down in our new seating configuration,start talking to the people around us n soon we forget the people who travelled with us during the last journey.

Suchi,

That's a beautiful and eloquently stated metaphor. I hope you are correct.

deepsea 04-12-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suchi

A very good way of describing the whole process in one paragraph. I like that very much.
Deepsea

Celeste 04-12-2010 11:24 PM

Yes, death is a beginning, and it is easier to die than be born, it is said.

:hug2:

Rumar 04-12-2010 11:46 PM

Last journey? Maybe for you, not for me.

Sangress 05-12-2010 12:39 AM

Nice metaphor, I'm sure a lot of people who have lost loved ones recently will find it of great value.

Ever since I was a child I've always told people that death is not an end, but a beginning.

I've always expected to see people after death, either in spirit form or in a new skin.

Those expectations have been met more times than I can count.

Iskandar 07-12-2010 06:30 PM

Personally I don't want to forget the people I shared this life with.

Native spirit 08-12-2010 10:54 AM

:smile: There is no thing as Death , just two worlds one being the physical the other the spiritual, when you leave one you enter the other,

Namaste

indigoangel 09-12-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
:smile: There is no thing as Death , just two worlds one being the physical the other the spiritual, when you leave one you enter the other,

Namaste

Nicely put. I heard somewhere that you can imagine death as a birth. A birth on to the other side, where there are kind beings anxiously awaiting your arrival, and waiting to meet you. It's a comforting thought, and that's what your response reminded me of.

Miss Hepburn 09-12-2010 03:25 AM

The other side is my home.