Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Auras & Chakras (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   The Power of The Heart Chakra (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73045)

topshopper19 11-08-2014 12:37 PM

The Power of The Heart Chakra

Hi Everyone,

I'm in desperately need of living the most loving and joyful life ever. I think the heart chakra is the answer...

Do you guys have any tips about opening or activating the heart chakra please? Whats been the most effective for you?

Also, I want to love myself COMPLETELY, mind, body and soul. This is kinda part of the same question, but how can i use the heart chakra to love myself unconditionally?

Thanks everyone ! :hug2:

candelight 11-08-2014 02:14 PM

Yoga? I believe there are some postures that enable you to open blocks. At least it helps me feel better.

LadyMay 11-08-2014 02:25 PM

Meditation on the heart chakra too.

sea-dove 11-08-2014 11:21 PM

There are heaps of things you could do.

Here's a few simple things

- When you get up in the morning, make the first thing of the day looking yourself in a mirror and smile there to yourself. Allow yourself to feel the energy of the smile. Then find one positive thing about yourself to confirm out loud to yourself eg "I have beautiful skin", "I am kind" etc

- Do a 10-15 min heart meditation daily. eg Spend 5 mins each day meditating on your happiest time of your life and try to reexperience all the feelings of it again (or make something up in your mind).

After this from the heart chakra (send energy from there out throu hands), send wishes of good will out to the planet while thinking positive thoughts eg send good wishes to war zones (think of them improving), think of peace and love and send that out etc etc. Over time with practice, you should notice you can do this stronger and stronger.

(warnings- do not focus too much on individuals while doing this as it can get too strong for some as you develop. Do not do this meditation if you get high blood pressure).

Also watch out for chakral imbalances if you take up doing the above meditation daily. Focusing too much on just one chakra can throw your whole chakra alignment out balance eg ones who have an over large heart chakra can do things like unground and start giving all their possessions away (which just isnt realistic in the world we are living in) or start allowing others to walk all over them (use them, which isnt helpful to the spiritual development of others).

Quote:

Also, I want to love myself COMPLETELY, mind, body and soul.

That doesnt just come from the heart chakra but from the crown chakra to which understanding about all things comes from too. The channelling of divine energy throu the crown chakra and out throu the hands can be included in the meditation I gave above to activate the crown more. Focus on the heart first as shared above.. then spend 5 mins doing the same with the crown. (do some exercise for at least 10mins to ground afterwards esp important when working with the crown. Doing 5 mins of exercise before the meditation can be helpful too, to make sure the energies will flow better).

Other things which can bring about this understanding of yourself are inner child work or subpersonality work. While in meditation (not the above one but just general meditaton) call forth and innerly talk to various aspects of yourself, give comfort to where is needed.

topshopper19 14-08-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candelight
Yoga? I believe there are some postures that enable you to open blocks. At least it helps me feel better.

Hi Candelight!,

Can you suggest any specific yoga moves i could implement?

topshopper19 14-08-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Meditation on the heart chakra too.

Hey there,

Can you recommend any books or sources that talk about meditating on the heart chakra?

topshopper19 14-08-2014 07:20 AM

[quote=sea-dove]There are heaps of things you could do.

Also watch out for chakral imbalances if you take up doing the above meditation daily. Focusing too much on just one chakra can throw your whole chakra alignment out balance eg ones who have an over large heart chakra can do things like unground and start giving all their possessions away (which just isnt realistic in the world we are living in) or start allowing others to walk all over them (use them, which isnt helpful to the spiritual development of others).

Thats really brilliant. Thanks so much for the contribution.

How did you learn so much on this subject? Can you reccomend some books or sources so I could broaden my knowledge?

The Back Seat 14-08-2014 02:15 PM

Try guided chakra meditations online. That was how I first realized the feeling of an open heart. The heart chakra resonates with sounds vibrating in the key of F so meditation music in the key of F helps me feel it.

Yoga poses that open the chest are good.

You feel the heart anytime you have a emotional feeling. Peace and happiness come from a properly open heart, "broken heartedness" comes from a broken heart (broken hearts are easily repaired with proper focus on the heart center). I would recommend trying to notice how you feel in the chest area every time you have a positive of negative emotion. The more you become aware of what it feels like, the more you will be able to control it.

Posture helps too. Lift the front of your chest up and forward as if a rope is attached to the center of the chest and pulling it in that direction. This always helps me keep my heart chakra open after I find it. A chiropractor helped me figure out the proper posture for the chest (I used to have horrible chest posture).

Think of something that makes you happy while feeling the heart. Also, when I first started, I would experiment with the chakra areas (flexing muscles in that area, trying different posture in the area, breathing into the area, etc,) and feel the difference in sensation that occurred.

brayan 20-08-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshopper19
Hey there,

Can you recommend any books or sources that talk about meditating on the heart chakra?

Hii!
I've been reading this book called Microchakras Psychology and it has got lots of information on chakras, history, energy fields and such. Also in the back there is a disc specifically for the heart chakra which is filled with sacred sounds to help you activate your heart chakra during meditation. It's been working great for me so I hope this helps you! :D

jusmail 22-08-2014 11:33 PM

Focus on 1 chakra, as someone said above, leads to imbalance. It is the lower 3 chakras that need frequent cleansing.