Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Pendulums and Dowsing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Naming your pendulum (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60071)

trulyUnique 04-12-2013 05:08 AM

Naming your pendulum

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to establish a deeper connection to my pendulum and I had a desire to name it. Originally I wanted to name it Pendy but it didn't like that name so we settled on a different name. Now I'm just wondering if anyone has ever named their pendulum? Or is that a big no-no?

emerge 06-12-2013 08:18 AM

My pendulum has a name but, I didn't name him. I asked him "What's your name?" and the name Simon popped into my mind. I then asked if that was his name and he swung in a 'yes' direction. So playing "Simon Says" takes on a whole new meaning for me. Simon has his own unique personality and plenty of joyful energy.

Ladybugskiss 07-12-2013 06:55 AM

I haven't ever thought about that but I think I would be interested in naming my pendulum. While we are on the subject of pendulums though can anyone tell me what is it your really talking to through your pendulum. I hear spirits could work it and it can open a portal for spirits but I've also heard that you are talking to your higher self or conscious. So what is it really you are talking to?

Ladybugskiss :icon_flower:

Norligh 09-12-2013 02:27 AM

I've been using a pendulum for 8 years now. At this point I'm pretty sure it is my soul I'm talking to. I have this feeling it is Spirit or God in whatever form suits us at that particular moment of our development.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugskiss
I haven't ever thought about that but I think I would be interested in naming my pendulum. While we are on the subject of pendulums though can anyone tell me what is it your really talking to through your pendulum. I hear spirits could work it and it can open a portal for spirits but I've also heard that you are talking to your higher self or conscious. So what is it really you are talking to?

trulyUnique 12-12-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugskiss

I use it to talk to my higher self. Once I've cleared my mind and have taken several deep breaths I ask my pendulum two questions. My first question is 'can I ask you a question?' and my second question is 'am i connected to my higher self?' If the answer to my second question is anything but a yes I put my pendulum down and take a few more deep breaths and clear my mind again. Then I repeat my second question.

Hope this helps!

Adrienne 12-02-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerge
My pendulum has a name but, I didn't name him. I asked him "What's your name?" and the name Simon popped into my mind. I then asked if that was his name and he swung in a 'yes' direction. So playing "Simon Says" takes on a whole new meaning for me. Simon has his own unique personality and plenty of joyful energy.

Very creative ! :smile:

MYFIGO 13-02-2014 01:58 AM

My first pendulum's (a piece of carnelian) name was "Jay" which is the first letter of my name. (That made me wonder if I was just communicating with my higher self). I really liked my first pendulum, but when showing a friend how they work, it began to glow which I had never seen before. It was a gorgeous sunshine yellow. We both could see it! I thought it must be destined to be hers. So when she left the room, I asked if it wanted to belong to her and it answered "yes". She was so grateful that she almost cried. I felt really good about giving it to her as I felt it would be treasured.

So I created my second pendulum from a sodalite pendant and it said it's name was "Quay". I thought that was interesting as it sounds like Jay. Perhaps the Q was for question. It has turned out to be a very good pendulum though.

So funny... I just looked up "Quay" in baby names and it means "Rock of strength!

narcolepticpagan 17-02-2016 03:05 AM

i named my pendulum by writing the letters of the alphabet and then asking what the first letter of its name is. i got the name motuf.

xomelindabelle 23-02-2016 07:45 PM

I asked my pendulum what her name was, and out of nowhere 'Lucinda' came to mind. That is not a name that would ever come into my brain; and not because I dislike it, it's simply not on my radar lol but it's the first one that I heard mentally. And when I asked her to confirm, the pendulum moved in a wide, counterclockwise circle, which means "yes" for mine. So just try that. See what sort of response you get.

Rainbowmand 05-03-2016 06:35 PM

I had never thought that my pendulum either had a name, or should have a name, so I asked it if it had a name, and got a VERY strong 'no' response, so I've left it at that for now. I may ask later if it would like to have a name, and see what happens.