Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Malware Blocked (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148058)

blackraven 12-01-2024 02:07 PM

Malware Blocked

I haven't been on SF for a while because every time I enter Spiritual Forums in my search using Chrome, I get a notice that Malware blocked this site due to potentially malicious activity. That made me nervous. Anyone else getting this notice? I used Edge browser to come into this site to post this message. Thank you.

WhiteWarrior 12-01-2024 02:09 PM

No, not getting any blocks or warnings. This is an old software platform by Internet standards though. There could be quirks.

I am running Firefox on Windows 10 with Antimalware and CCleaner active.

Podshell 12-01-2024 03:01 PM

I use chrome at the library but get some form of ad/malware via my outlook account I think, it also appears on other sites , not sure if I have had pop-ups on SF though. I keep links to sites in my email addresses and many sites via the links end up with pop ups on, these disappear when I just go through a search on a new page.

Miss Hepburn 12-01-2024 03:58 PM

They give you the option to bypass that block, don't they?
Sometimes my security will do that for a website i know is just fine, too.

Podshell 12-01-2024 06:44 PM

Gotta watch for tricks companies can play too,not too relevant but worth mentioning while I remember,five months ago I got given a 'completely free' six months sim with unlimitted calls and texts plus 20gb a month internet,there as to be a catch even if it is just to get your data,but when you insert the sim you are automatically connected no data exchanged but as you find out later on it starts blocking sites randomly,including SF,saying you have to register with the phone company to prove your age,so they get your data,I am thinking they got some gov. Grant to provide free data which included something about data not being harvested but they get it by a bit of a tricksy method.

blackraven 12-01-2024 09:51 PM

Thanks for everyone's replies. I run CC Cleaner after visiting this site and always have over 600 trackers on my computer afterwards.

MH - Yes, I can bypass the warning and come to this site.

Gem 13-01-2024 04:18 AM

I'm no computerizationist, but maybe this is why ya have to clear cache every few minutes?

blackraven 13-01-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
I'm no computerizationist, but maybe this is why ya have to clear cache every few minutes?

Yes, Gem, I clear my history, including cache every time I use my computer before putting it to sleep. Just keeps everything running smoothly and gets rid of trackers and junk.

inspirit 13-01-2024 05:18 PM

This site doesn't contain any malware to my knowledge. If you're still worried about that, you might want to look into a chrome extension called NoScript. It blocks suspicious code from executing.

I could also look into adding a content-security-policy header that blocks third party scripts, but I'm not sure I want to bother with that.

SapphireBlue 15-01-2024 01:03 AM

I have got this warning too on the laptop, says the site is potentially risky. I've cleared cookies, caches and clicked "visit anyway" as I've not known forums like this in the past to contain anything risky.